Dramatic twist as Harry Garside’s ex-girlfriend accused of assaulting and stalking Olympic boxer – months after she was wrongly accused of domestic violence
Ashley Ruscoe, 35, charged with domestic violence offenses similar to her ex-partner Harry Garside’s, was dropped on bail and will appear in court next month.
Australian boxer Harry Garside’s ex-partner has been charged with assault – months after his Olympic star ex was wrongly accused of the same alleged offence.
Ashley Ruscoe, 35, was arrested and taken to Waverley police station in Sydney’s east on Wednesday evening, where she was charged with domestic violence-related offenses against Mr Garside, including common assault and stalking.
The charges against Ruscoe, a boxing and martial arts instructor, come after Mr Garside also faced common assault charges in May following an investigation into claims of domestic violence between the pair.
All charges against him were dropped in June.
Ashley Rascoe (pictured) was arrested by NSW Police and charged with common assault and domestic violence against her ex-partner, Olympic boxer Harry Garside.
Rusco previously alleged that Mr Garside assaulted her in the exclusive suburb of Bellevue Hill in Sydney’s east on March 1 but the charges against him were withdrawn in June.
‘Officers attached to the Eastern Suburbs Police Area Command conducted an investigation into an alleged domestic violence incident at a home in Bellevue Hill on Wednesday 1 March 2023,’ NSW Police said.
‘Following further enquiries, police attended the Bellevue Hill home at 4.45pm today (Wednesday 12 July 2023) and arrested a 35-year-old woman.
‘He was taken to Waverley police station and charged with common assault (DV) and stalking/intimidation with intent to cause bodily harm (DV).’
Ruscoe was granted bail and will appear in Downing Center Local Court on July 19.
In early May, Mr Garside, 25, returned to Australia after filming reality show I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! Will be taken into custody minutes after touching down at Sydney International Airport in South Africa.
On March 25, the same day Mr. Garside left for South Africa with essentially no contact with the outside world until his elimination, Rusco went to the police to indicate he feared for his safety.
‘I categorically deny the allegations of violence and dispute the account given to the police,’ Mr Garside said at the time.
Last month, the young athlete was found guilty and the restraining order was officially lifted.
Ruscoe was granted bail and will appear in Downing Center Local Court on July 19
Mr Garside is pictured outside court after all charges against him were dropped last month
Mr Garside announced in a statement that he had been ‘informed by the police prosecutor that they had dropped all matters against me’.
He said, ‘I have been tried today.
Daily Mail Australia obtained footage and audio recordings in the days following the dramatic announcement that eventually led police to drop domestic assault charges against Mr Garside and prove his innocence.
The recording clearly shows Mr Garside was not aggressive towards Rusco.